But daaaaym it’s tasty!
My first ever attempt at making a pumpkin pie and I think it went fairly well. Hurray! Was lots of fun to make and is a great way to use up all that excess pumpkin flesh after carving 🙂
I generally followed this recipe, taken from BBC Good Food but used sweet short crust pastry (just add a smidge of sugar) and added tons more cinnamon. Because I like cinnamon. The link is below (I am feeling too lazy tonight) so have a looksie and follow!
Here are a few pictures to accommodate the recipe!
1. PUMPKINS!!! If you saw my last post, you’ll know that I lovingly nurtured these in my own garden. Smug? Nah.
2. Carving pumpkins is really fun and therapeutic. They don’t smell great but I do love a good ole scrape and spoon (er does that sound weird?)
3. Boiling down the pumpkin flesh ’til really tender
4. I don’t own any actual baking beans (would it be sad to ask that for a Xmas present?!) so compromised by using dried beans from the cupboard instead.
5. Lookin’ fiiiiiine pastry
6. Filling in, whack it in the oven! (Be careful as will be veeeery full!)
7. VOILA!!! The finished result.
If any of you are baking pumpkin related recipes tonight then I’d love to see or hear about it! 🙂 really looking forward to Halloween tomorrow despite having a rubbish week. Ive got a jam packed day to look forward to and then a trip down south the day after… For the HP studios :):) oh ma gaaaad!
Hope everyone is doing good! X